Friday, July 11, 2008
Random Meta-Human Encounter Generator
Every GM needs the ability to generate a random Meta-Human encounter in most roleplaying games. This set of handy charts pre-supposes that the Meta-Human in question is capable of breakfall, Other than that, all details are determined from the following tables. Unless otherwise directed, determine a random character to be the focus of the encounter, and then roll once on each table, and let the good times happen.
Type of Meta-Human?
1. Micro-Meta-Human (1d6 inches tall), and 2-12 Meta-Humans arrive.
2. Normal Meta-Human, seemingly.
3. Normal Meta-Human, in Appearance, but intelligent and capable of speech
4. Brightly Colored Meta-Human, (1d6, 1 lime green; 2 hot pink; 3 electric blue; 4 shifting colors, 5 camo, 6 same as player)
5. Really Big Meta-Human (6d6 feet tall)
6. Humongous Meta-Human (8d6 hexes tall)
Whence comes the Meta-Human?
1. On the ground, near the player (random direction, 1d6 hexes away)
2. Tangled in the clothes of the character (1d6 - 1-3, pants or skirt; 4-5, shirt; 6 hat or hair)
3. Floating in the air, near the character's head
4. In a previously unscouted nearby terrain feature (thicket, pool, grating, fence, tree, hedgerow)
5. Appears in mid-air 12 hexes above the character, and falls on them
6. Meta-Human appears in a dimensional crack (random direction, 2d6 hexes away) and is driven towards the character by a servitor being to an elder god
Meta-Human Special Abilities
1. Burst into flame
2. Secretes special pheromones that will grant the ability to perform pleasing, artistic renditions of Atlantean Poetry and love ballads
3. Squirt acids that dissolve anything but glass and noble metals such as gold.
4. Emit psionic static that negates all thought, magic, mental powers, and free will within 10d6 hexes
5. Meta-Human will "gate" in 2 identical Meta-Humans every 4 phases, beginning on phase 8 after appearing. Additional Meta-Humans have this same ability, but all other attributes should be diced
6. Meta-Human has a glowing hair-bob, will attract any members of the opposite gender to the character wearing the hair-bob.
1. Escort the Meta-Human to the nearest salt water ocean, reward will be blessings from the priesthood of the high Atlantean church
2. Curse of the Were-Human - character has all limbs transformed into thumbless paws - they must defeat the Were-Human in man-to-Meta-Human combat in order to remove the curse
3. Meta-Human (and now his new friend, the character) are pursued by fanatical members of the anti-Meta-Human squad (bearing powerful weapons and abilities, and bent on the destruction of all Meta-Humans and their allies)
4. Meta-Human is the key to a dimensional portal that will EITHER be used by an elder god seeking to destroy reality, or the servitors of a promethean power that will help protect this dimension. Only the Meta-Human knows for sure.
5. The secret order of Atlantis knows of the Meta-Human's value in opening the lost temple of Dev'Menki-Dev'Mall in the Great Dismal Swamp. The Meta-Human must be kept alive.
6. No quest, the appearance of the Meta-Human is the random and capricious act of a harsh universe.